What if you had 100 different media options and the budget to test every last one of 'em?
Hopefully you'd only test a fraction of the possibilities. In fact, anything more could be money down the proverbial toilet.
In most cases, media options break down into categories. Follow this series of steps and you're likely to get the answers you need with minimal spending.
1. Identify your media categories.
2. Rank your options within each category.
3. Assign an initial weight to each category based on the potential size of your opportunity and odds of success.
4. Based on the weight of each category, determine how many categories and options within each category to test.
5. Run your tests.
6. Wade more deeply into successful categories and eliminate unsuccessful categories.